Silver Foil Tractor Print Cotton Jersey Fabric £10.95 per meter
Get yourself some ‘BLING’ with this great silver foil tractor print cotton jersey fabric. Make yourself, your child or the man in your life a super T shirt using this shiny silver tractor stretch cotton with Lycra jersey fabric.
See the drape of the fabric in the video below.
The background to the silver tractors is a nice pale grey marl – so super useful to wear with any other colours.
Cotton jersey fabric is a very absorbent and breathable fibre – great for baby and kids clothes and great for adults too.
Cotton jersey and cotton blends are ideal for clothing that gets daily use, like t-shirts. It is well-structured and has a nice drape.
Composition: 95% Cotton, 5% Elastane
Weight: 200 gsm
Width: 59inch/149 cm
Available in quantities from half a metre. All the orders will be cut as a continuous length.
Wash the fabric before cutting out so that any shrinkage can occur. Jersey fabrics can shrink by up to 10% each way.
Sewing Jersey Fabrics
- Always use a stretch or ball point needle when sewing cotton jersey. These prevent skipped stitches and ‘runs’ or ‘ladders’ forming in the fabric.
- Change the needles frequently. Some say after 8 hours of sewing.
- Start sewing approx 0.5 cm in from beginning of seams to avoid puckering. You can then backstitch back to the edge.
- Use a stretchy sewing thread such as polyester thread.
How to look after Jersey
- Wash jersey using a cool wash. Don’t over-fill the washing machine as this will cause more creases and they won’t be clean well.
- Try to avoid mixing bright colours and whites in the wash, as the colours may bleed.
- It is better not to use a tumble dryer as this can make the fabric shrink.
- Gently pull your garment into the correct shape and dry flat. Or line-dry jersey – try to keep its original shape as much as possible.
- Dry on a hanger to avoid creases and preserve the shape.
- Turn inside out if drying outside to avoid bleaching by the sun.
- It may not be necessary to iron jersey garments if you need to – iron on the wrong side using steam if necessary.
Please note colours can vary on different screens.