Meow Meow: The Leggings Sewing Pattern
This is a sewing pattern PDF (not the finished garment) for kids leggings to fit age 3 – 10 years.
Team the kids leggings with the other garments in the Meow Meow Theme.
The T shirt Dress Pattern
The Cowl Neck Warmer
The Crochet Cat Bag Pattern
The Meow Meow Stripy Fabric is available in my shop at Spoonflower- see fabric buying info on the details tab.
Get your instant 20% discount HERE
Features for your Sensory Child
- The seams are worked on the outside so that the inside is smooth and have no scratchy itchy seam allowances or labels.
- To avoid the use of stiff new fabrics and also save the planet make the leggings sewing pattern in recycled fabric (dad or mum’s old trousers or a charity/thrift shop find),
Experienced: this pattern is suitable for those who have made a number of different projects.
For more details click on the ‘Details’ and ‘Tech Specs’ tabs.
To Fit Ages: 3(4,5,6,7,8,9,10) years
To Fit Waist: 53.5 (54.5,55.5,56.5,57.5,58.5,59.5,60.5) cm
Waist to Hem Length: 63(65,67,69,71,73,75,77) cm
1 yard (all sizes) of printed fabric (choose Organic Cotton Knit Ultra from the fabric choices – or any knit) from Spoonflower – buy it here Ruth Maddock Makes shop at Spoonflower.com
Note: The Fabric from Spoonflower is sold by the yard only.
OR– 1 metre x 152 cm (60 inches) of any medium (approx. 250 gsm) weight fabric knitted—with at least 25% stretch.
AND – 53(54,55,56,57,58,59,61) cm of soft elastic 2 cm (0.75 inch) wide.
Sewing kit including straight stitch sewing machine.
Matching polyester sewing thread.
Ball point sewing machine needles — change these needles frequently.
Fine line vanishing fabric marker.
The Paper Sewing Pattern includes making instructions leaflet and will be sent by post – P&P will be added at checkout.
The digital download will be sent to your inbox immediately after payment.
You will receive a zipped file
(you can google instructions for opening zipped files on your MAC or PC.)
The zipped file contains 4 PDF files – these are;
1) The pattern in PDF format. You can print this in US Letter size or A4 paper size. The pattern contains layers for you to select your size only. You will need to stick the pieces of pattern together.
2) The pattern in A1 or A0 size . This can be printed in Black and White at your local or online copy shop. You wont need to stick the pattern together as it will be printed on one sheet.
3) The pattern on A0 size to use with a projector. This projector file also has layers for you to select your size.
3) The Making Instructions which comprise of complete photographic instructions to make the garment. Best viewed on a screen but this can also be printed in US Letter size or A4 paper size.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to open the pattern files.
A1/A0 pattern can be printed (in the UK) HERE