Blue Glitter Dot Print Cotton Jersey Fabric £10.95 per meter
This great stretch cotton jersey fabric is a pale blue with glittery dots. This brilliant all over blue glitter dot jersey fabric with a slight touch of sparkle that would make great T-shirts and Leggings, Dresses and can also be used as a matching trim or facing.
See the drape of the fabric in the video below.
The blue colour doesn’t show very well on screen. It is a slightly grey baby blue with darker blue glittery dots. The sparkle is not too ‘in your face’. The colour is very nice.
Cotton jersey fabric is a very absorbent and breathable fibre – great for baby and kids clothes and great for adults too.
Cotton jersey and cotton blends are ideal for clothing that gets daily use, like t-shirts. It is well-structured and has a nice drape.
Composition: 95% Cotton, 5% Elastane
Weight: 200 gsm
Width: 59inch/149 cm
Available in quantities from half a metre. All the orders will be cut as a continuous length.
Wash the fabric before cutting out so that any shrinkage can occur. Jersey fabrics can shrink by up to 10% each way.
Sewing Jersey Fabrics
- Always use a stretch or ball point needle when sewing cotton jersey. These prevent skipped stitches and ‘runs’ or ‘ladders’ forming in the fabric.
- Change the needles frequently. Some say after 8 hours of sewing.
- Start sewing approx 0.5 cm in from beginning of seams to avoid puckering. You can then backstitch back to the edge.
- Use a stretchy sewing thread such as polyester thread.
How to look after Jersey
- Wash jersey using a cool wash. Don’t over-fill the washing machine as this will cause more creases and they won’t be clean well.
- Try to avoid mixing bright colours and whites in the wash, as the colours may bleed.
- It is better not to use a tumble dryer as this can make the fabric shrink.
- Gently pull your garment into the correct shape and dry flat. Or line-dry jersey – try to keep its original shape as much as possible.
- Dry on a hanger to avoid creases and preserve the shape.
- Turn inside out if drying outside to avoid bleaching by the sun.
- It may not be necessary to iron jersey garments if you need to – iron on the wrong side using steam if necessary.
Please note colours can vary on different screens.