Birdsong: The Kids T Shirt Pattern
Birdsong: This is the sewing pattern PDF (not the finished garment) for a kids T Shirt pattern with long and short sleeve versions.
The round neck T shirt is made with all the seams on the outside: great for your sensory child.
Make it in one of our fabric designs from Spoonflower using Organic Cotton Knit Ultra – a lovely soft fabric. See fabric buying info on the details tab.
Team the tee shirt with the pants and shorts pattern here.
Get your instant 20% discount HERE
Features for your Sensory Child
- The seams are worked on the outside so that the inside is smooth and has no scratchy itchy seam allowances or labels.
- The round neck T-Shirt can be worn either way round.
- Make the Tee shirt in recycled fabric (dad or mum’s old tee shirt or a charity/thrift shop find), to avoid the use of stiff new fabrics and also save the planet.
Experienced: this pattern is suitable for those who have made a number of different projects.
For more details click on the ‘Details’ and ‘Tech Specs’ tabs.
To Fit Ages: 3(4,5,6,7,8,9,10) years
Actual Chest: (Slimfit)
Shoulder to Hem Length:
For the long or short sleeve version 1 yard for all sizes – of printed fabric from Spoonflower choose the Organic Cotton Ultra Fabric Option for printing in your choice of design as below;
Feathers Fabric – buy it here Ruth Maddock Makes shop at Spoonflower.com
Swallows Fabric – buy it here Ruth Maddock Makes shop at Spoonflower.com
Honesty Fabric – buy it here Ruth Maddock Makes shop at Spoonflower.com
Note: The fabric from Spoonflower is sold by the yard only.
OR:for both versions – 0.75(0.75,0.75,0.75,0.75,1,1,1) metre x 152 cm (60 inches) of any
medium (approx. 250gsm) weight cotton Jersey with at least 25% stretch.
You will also need:
Sewing kit and basic sewing machine.
Ball Point (for Jersey) sewing machine needles — change these needles frequently.
Fine line vanishing fabric marker.
The Paper Sewing Pattern includes making instructions leaflet and will be sent by post – P&P will be added at checkout.
The digital download will be sent to your inbox immediately after payment.
You will receive a zipped file
(you can google instructions for opening zipped files on your MAC or PC.)
The zipped file contains 4 PDF files – these are;
1) The pattern in PDF format with the layers option. You can print this in US Letter size or A4 paper size. You will need to stick the pieces of pattern together.
2) The pattern in A1 or A0 size . This can be printed at your local or online copyshop. You wont need to stick the pattern together as it will be printed on one sheet.
3) A projector file pattern for use with a projector for cutting out.
4) The Making Instructions which comprise of complete photographic instructions to make the garment. This can also be printed in US Letter size or A4 paper size.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to open the pattern files.
A1/A0 pattern can be printed (in the UK) HERE