Over The Rainbow: The Raglan T-Shirt Pattern
This is a sewing pattern PDF (not the finished garment) for a kids raglan T Shirt sewing pattern with a variety of options.
Raglan T Shirt Pattern Options
The raglan T shirt can be made in a variety of options.
1) Short or Long Sleeves.
2) Centre Front and (or) Centre Back Seams.
3) With or without a Pocket
4) Regular Neckline or Anyway round neckline. The anyway round neckline is the same front and back. This is great for children who haven’t yet mastered how to put their clothes on the right way round. No more embarrassing moments.
5) With or without contrast sleeves and bands.
Choose your options and make a totally unique T-shirt.
The raglan T shirt is made with all the seams on the outside: great for your sensory child.
Get your instant 20% discount HERE
Features for your Sensory Child
- The seams are worked on the outside so that the inside is smooth and has no scratchy itchy seam allowances or labels.
- The anyway round option means that the T-Shirt can be worn either way round.
- Make the Tee shirt in recycled fabric (dad or mum’s old tee shirt or a charity/thrift shop find), to avoid the use of stiff new fabrics and also save the planet.
Experienced: this pattern is suitable for those who have made a number of different projects.
For more details click on the ‘Details’ and ‘Tech Specs’ tabs.
Buy Jersey Fabric 150 cm width in the following lengths: (for ages 3(4,5,6,7,8,9,10) years)
For the long sleeve version with no centre seam 0.75(0.75,0.75,0.75,1,1,1,1) metres.
For the short sleeve version with no centre seam 0.5(0.5,0.5,0.5,0.75,0.75,0.75,0.75) metres.
For the long sleeve version with centre seam 1(1,1,1,1.2,1.2,1.2,1.2) metres.
For the short sleeve version with centre seam 0.5(0.5,0.5,0.5,0.75,0.75,0.75,0.75) metres
OR for the 2 colour version 0.5(0.5,0.5,0.5,0.75,0.75,0.75,0.75) metres each of 2 colours.
Optional Appliqué Patch for the pocket (see photos)
Sewing kit including straight stitch sewing machine. Matching polyester sewing thread.
Ball point sewing machine needles — change these needles frequently.
Fine line vanishing fabric marker.
It is important to wash the fabric before use to allow it to shrink. Wash in a machine at the recommended temperature. Tumble dry the fabric if that is how you normally dry the washing.
The Paper Sewing Pattern includes making instructions leaflet and will be sent by post – P&P will be added at checkout.
The digital download will be sent to your inbox immediately after payment.
You will receive a zipped file
(you can google instructions for opening zipped files on your MAC or PC.)
The zipped file contains 3 PDF files – these are;
1) The pattern in PDF format. You can print this in US Letter size or A4 paper size. You will need to stick the pieces of pattern together.
2) The pattern in A1 or A0 size . This can be printed in Black and White at your local or online copyshop. You wont need to stick the pattern together as it will be printed on one sheet.
3) The Making Instructions which comprise of complete photographic instructions to make the garment. This can also be printed in US Letter size or A4 paper size.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to open the pattern files.
A1/A0 pattern can be printed (in the UK) HERE