Two-by-Two: Noah’s Ark themed girls pinafore dress sewing pattern
This is a children’s sewing pattern PDF (not the finished garment) for a girls pinafore dress sewing pattern with pocket and the Noah’s Ark animal plushies.
The pinafore dress pattern can be made using my exclusive Two-by-Two fabric from Spoonflower – see fabric buying info on the details tab.
The ‘Two by Two’ themed pinafore/ jumper dress features a wave print together with words from the song about Noah’s Ark The boat shaped pocket is worked in contrasting fabric printed with the words ‘Are We Nearly There Yet?’ There are four animals that like to live in this pocket. The animals pattern is included with this pinafore dress pattern. Details of the exclusive fabrics are on the details page.
The T shirt pattern can be found here.
Get your instant 20% discount HERE
Features for Sensory Kids
- The seams are worked on the outside so that the inside is smooth and has no scratchy itchy seam allowances or labels.
- The dress is very loose and comfy and tight clothes can be worn under.
- It is the same back and front – so there’s no wrong way to wear it.
- The pocket features a tab to attach precious toys.
Enthusiastic: This pattern is suitable for someone who has made a few beginner projects and is keen to learn more.
For more details click on the ‘Details’ and ‘Tech Specs’ tabs.
3 (4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10) years
The Actual Measurements of the Dress are;
Length from Shoulder to Hem:
The fabric shown in the photos is organic cotton knit ultra in the ‘Two-by-Two’ design. Make sure you choose the correct fabric option when ordering from – Ruth Maddock Makes shop at Spoonflower.com
Of this fabric you will need:
1(1,1,1,2,2,2,2) yards of printed fabric from Spoonflower.com
And 1 fat quarter of ‘Are We Nearly There Yet?’ fabric available HERE
You will also need:
And 85(90,90,95,100,100,100,105) cm narrow elastic 0.6 cm (1/4 inch) wide.
For the Plushies you will need 1 fat quarter in any fabric option of the plushie print fabric available HERE
OR the Dress can be made in any medium weight stretch knit fabric that is at least 142 cm (56 inches) wide.
1(1,1,1,1,1.50,1.50,1.50) metre x 142 cm (56 inches) of
medium (approx. 300gsm) weight cotton Jersey with at least 25% stretch.
And a small amount of contrast for the pocket and plushies.
You will also need:
Oddments of ribbon for the giraffe a small quantity of knitting wool for the lion and a small amount of stuffing.
Sewing kit and basic sewing machine.
Ball Point (for Jersey) sewing machine needles — change these needles frequently.
Fine line vanishing fabric marker.
The Paper Sewing Pattern includes making instructions leaflet and will be sent by post – P&P will be added at checkout.
The digital download will be sent to your inbox immediately after payment.
You will receive a zipped file
(you can google instructions for opening zipped files on your MAC or PC.)
The zipped file contains 3 PDF files – these are;
1) The pattern in PDF format. You can print this in US Letter size or A4 paper size. You will need to stick the pieces of pattern together.
2) The pattern in A1 or A0 size . This can be printed in Black and White at your local or online copyshop. You wont need to stick the pattern together as it will be printed on one sheet.
3) The Making Instructions which comprise of complete photographic instructions to make the garment. This can also be printed in US Letter size or A4 paper size.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to open the pattern files.
A1/A0 pattern can be printed (in the UK) HERE