Tick Tock: Childs pinafore pattern PDF
This is a pinafore pattern PDF (not the finished garment) for a girls pinafore dress sewing pattern with pockets and optional pom poms.
The girls pinafore dress can be made in my exclusive Dandelion fabric from Spoonflower – see fabric buying info on the details tab.
The ‘Tick Tock’ themed girls pinafore dress sewing pattern features the mis-matched pattern of a vintage dandelion print, large pockets and optional dandelion’s (pom poms)
(Only use pom poms if you consider your child to be safe with them. Children love pom poms but they can come apart and may cause a choking hazard for those with developmental issues)
Get your instant 20% discount HERE
Features for Sensory Kids
- The seams are worked on the outside so that the inside is smooth and has no scratchy itchy seam allowances or labels.
- The dress is very loose and comfy and tight clothes can be worn under.
- It is the same back and front – so there’s no wrong way to wear it.
- The pockets feature a tab to attach precious toys.
Advanced: This pattern is suitable for experienced sewers who may want to try something a bit more challenging.
For more details click on the ‘Details’ and ‘Tech Specs’ tabs.
3 (4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10) years
The actual measurements of the pattern are:
Length from shoulder
Width at hem
Actual chest (approx.)
The fabric shown in the photos is organic cotton knit ultra in the ‘Tick Tock’ design. Make sure you choose the correct fabric option when ordering from – Ruth Maddock Makes shop at Spoonflower.com
Of this fabric you will need:
The dress (all sizes) can be made using 2 yards of this fabric.
Note: Spoonflower is based in the US and works in imperial measurments (yards) only. Fabric is sold in lengths of whole yards only.
OR use 1.50(1.50,1.50,1.75,1.75,1.75,1.75,1.75) metre / 60(60,60,70,70,70,70,70) inches x 142 cm (56 inches) of medium (approx. 300gsm) weight cotton jersey with at least 25% stretch.
You will also need:
0.5 metres of narrow elastic
Yarn oddments in green and yellow for the pom poms.
30 cm of ribbon or tape for tags in pockets.
Sewing kit and basic sewing machine.
Ball Point (for Jersey) sewing machine needles — change these needles frequently.
Fine line vanishing fabric marker.
The Paper Sewing Pattern includes making instructions leaflet and will be sent by post – P&P will be added at checkout.
The digital download will be sent to your inbox immediately after payment.
You will receive a zipped file
(you can google instructions for opening zipped files on your MAC or PC.)
The zipped file contains 3 PDF files – these are;
1) The pattern in PDF format. You can print this in US Letter size or A4 paper size. You will need to stick the pieces of pattern together.
2) The pattern in A1 or A0 size . This can be printed in Black and White at your local or online copyshop. You wont need to stick the pattern together as it will be printed on one sheet.
3) The Making Instructions which comprise of complete photographic instructions to make the garment. This can also be printed in US Letter size or A4 paper size.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to open the pattern files.
A1/A0 pattern can be printed (in the UK) HERE