Playtime: The Swing Dress Child’s Sewing Pattern
This is PDF download (not the finished garment) for a child’s dress sewing pattern
Make it in super comfy cotton Jersey. For Jersey options see more HERE
The Child’s Swing Dress Sewing Pattern Features
1) Set in Sleeves.
2) Pull on neckline – no buttons or zips.
3) 2 styles of optional pocket.
4) 2 styles of hem – straight and curved.
5) Optional contrast ribs and cuffs.
6) Inside out seams – great for sensory kids.
7) Soft Jersey Fabric
Get your instant 20% discount HERE
Features for your Sensory Child
- The seams are worked on the outside so that the inside is smooth and has no scratchy itchy seam allowances or labels.
- The neckline is wide enough to pull on easily.
- Choose your pocket style.
Enthusiastic: This pattern is suitable for someone who has made a few beginner projects and is keen to learn more.
For more details click on the ‘Details’ and ‘Tech Specs’ tabs.
The pattern is for children from age 3 to 10 years (8 sizes). See photo for pattern measurements.
You Will Need:
Medium weight Jersey fabric 152 cm wide (60 inches) – wash the fabric before using and allow more if matching a pattern – 1.25(1.25,1.5,1.5,1.5,2,2,2) metres.
AND an oddment of fabric for contrasting pockets—if making these in contrast fabric.
If making the pockets you will also need a small amount of iron on interfacing.
Contrast Jersey ribbing can be used for the neck and sleeve bands. You will need 1/2 metre of tubular ribbing if you choose this option.
Sewing kit including matching sewing thread and a zig zag sewing machine.
The Paper Sewing Pattern includes making instructions leaflet and will be sent by post – P&P will be added at checkout.
The digital downloads will be sent to your inbox immediately after payment.
You will receive 3 zipped files
(you can google instructions for opening zipped files on your MAC or PC.)
The zipped files contain PDF files for;-
1) The pattern in PDF format. You can print this in US Letter size or A4 paper size. You will need to stick the pieces of pattern together. This pattern has the ‘Layers Option’ so you can print out just the size you need.
2) The pattern in A1 or A0 size . This can be printed in Black and White at your local or online copyshop. You won’t need to stick the pattern together as it will be printed on one sheet.
3) The pattern as a projector file for those of you who prefer to cut out using this method. This is my firts projector file so feedback would be appreciated.
4) The Making Instructions which comprise of complete photographic instructions to make the garment. This can also be printed in US Letter size or A4 paper size – however, the photo instructions will be clearer (and you can enlarge them) if you follow them on a laptop or PC.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to open the pattern files.
A1/A0 pattern can be printed (in the UK) HERE