Playtime: The Raglan Hoodie Sewing Pattern for Kids
This is a sewing pattern (not the finished garment) for a kids raglan Hoodie – available as a digital download PDF or a paper pattern by post – see the Tech Specs tab for more details about the digital sewing pattern files.
Raglan Hoodie Features
1) Raglan Sleeves.
2) Centre Front opening with tab.
3) Front pocket.
4) Contrast ribs and cuffs.
5) Inside out seams – great for sensory kids.
Get your instant 20% discount HERE
Features for your Sensory Child
- The seams are worked on the outside so that the inside is smooth and has no scratchy itchy seam allowances or labels.
- The opening at the front creates a wider neckline so no struggles to pull it over the head.
- Make the Tee shirt in recycled fabric (dad or mum’s old sweatshirt or a charity/thrift shop find), to avoid the use of stiff new fabrics and also save the planet.
Enthusiastic: This pattern is suitable for someone who has made a few beginner projects and is keen to learn more.
For more details click on the ‘Details’ and ‘Tech Specs’ tabs.
You Will Need
Thick Jersey fabric for hoodies at least 250gsm weight x 150 cm wide – wash the fabric before using –
and allow more for matching a pattern – 1(1,1,1,1.10, 1.10, 1.10,1.10) metres.
Ribbing fabric for the bands 70 cm wide – 30(30,30,30,40,40,40,40) cm.
Sewing Kit – including zig zag stitch sewing machine, ball point machine needles and fabric pen.
Matching polyester sewing thread.
Small piece of stick on Velcro.
The Paper Sewing Pattern includes making instructions leaflet and will be sent by post – P&P will be added at checkout.
The digital download will be sent to your inbox immediately after payment.
You will receive a zipped file
(you can google instructions for opening zipped files on your MAC or PC.)
The zipped file contains 4 PDF files – these are;
1) The pattern in PDF format. You can print this in US Letter size or A4 paper size. You will need to stick the pieces of pattern together. This pattern has the ‘Layers Option’ so you can print out just the size you need.
2) The pattern in A1 or A0 size . This can be printed in Black and White at your local or online copy shop. You wont need to stick the pattern together as it will be printed on one sheet.
3) The pattern as a projector file – for use with a projector.
4) The Making Instructions which comprise of complete photographic instructions to make the garment. This can also be printed in US Letter size or A4 paper size – however, the photo instructions will be clearer ( and you can enlarge them) if you follow them on a laptop or PC.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to open the pattern files.
A1/A0 pattern can be printed (in the UK) HERE