Round and Round the Garden: The Boxers Pattern
This is the sewing pattern PDF (not the finished garment) for kids boxer shorts with 4 options suitable for girls and boys. They can also be worn as gym shorts.
There are options to make these boxer shorts for girls without the centre panel or with and without ‘comfort shaping, or fly.
Make it using approx 1/4 metre of jersey fabric that has 4 way stretch – or oddments of pre owned fabric from a t shirt etc-
Get your instant 20% discount HERE
Features for your Sensory Child
- The seams are worked on the outside so that the inside is smooth and has no scratchy itchy seam allowances or labels.
- The boxers have a number of different options.
- Make these in recycled fabric (dad or mum’s old tee shirt or a charity/thrift shop find), to avoid the use of stiff new fabrics and also save the planet.
Experienced: this pattern is suitable for those who have made a number of different projects.
For more details click on the ‘Details’ and ‘Tech Specs’ tabs.
To Fit Ages: 3(4,5,6,7,8,9,10) years
To Fit Waist: 53.5 (54.5,55.5,56.5,57.5,58.5,59.5,60.5) cm
For the Boxer Briefs—use oddments of single jersey fabric with 4 way stretch. You can use fabric from old T shirts etc, or approx. 1/4 meter/yard of jersey fabric. Fabric used in the briefs shown was from www.myfabrics.co.uk—You can use contrast fabrics as you like.
You will also need;
Soft elastic – 1 cm wide x 51.5 (52.5,53.5,54.5,55.5,56.5,57.5,58.5) cm.
Sewing kit including straight stitch sewing machine. Matching polyester sewing thread.
Ball point sewing machine needles — change these needles frequently.
Fine line vanishing fabric marker.
Wash the fabric before use to allow it to shrink. Wash in a machine at the recommended temperature (Usually about 30°) with natural soap. Or in the way that you intend to wash them.
The Paper Sewing Pattern includes making instructions leaflet and will be sent by post – P&P will be added at checkout.
The digital download will be sent to your inbox immediately after payment.
You will receive a zipped file
(you can google instructions for opening zipped files on your MAC or PC.)
The zipped file contains 3 PDF files – these are;
1) The pattern in PDF format. You can print this in US Letter size or A4 paper size. You will need to stick the pieces of pattern together.
2) The pattern in A1 or A0 size . This can be printed in Black and White at your local or online copyshop. You wont need to stick the pattern together as it will be printed on one sheet.
3) The Making Instructions which comprise of complete photographic instructions to make the garment. This can also be printed in US Letter size or A4 paper size.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to open the pattern files.
A1/A0 pattern can be printed (in the UK) HERE