Rosy Posy: Kids Tunic Dress Sewing Pattern
Note: This is a kids tunic dress sewing pattern PDF (not the finished garment) for a tunic dress with embroidery and pockets. The sewing pattern also includes the longer pinafore dress.
Rosy Posy – This kids dress sewing pattern PDF is for a tunic style dress that can be created in soft chambray teamed with a small gauge gingham with (optional) embroidered roses for that personal touch. Charts for the cross stitch embroidery are included. The sewing pattern for the pinafore dress is also included, both little girls dresses can be worn with leggings and a t shirt under. They feature large pockets on the sides and gathered cap sleeves.
Get your instant 20% discount HERE
Features for your Sensory Child
- The seams of this kids tunic dress are worked on the outside so that the inside is smooth and there are no scratchy itchy seam allowances or labels.
- The dress is very loose and comfy so that your sensory child can wear tight clothes underneath.
- It can be worn either way round.
- Velcro is used to fasten the button tab.
- Your child can attach all those ‘mustn’t lose’ bits and pieces to the ribbon tabs in the pockets.
- Make this dress in recycled fabric (dads old shirt, mums old dress or a charity/thrift shop find), to avoid the use of stiff new fabrics and also save the planet.
Experienced: this pattern is suitable for those who have made a number of different sewing projects.
For more details click on the ‘Details’ and ‘Tech Specs’ tabs.
To Fit Ages: 3(4,5,6,7,8,9,10) years
To Fit Chest: 54.5(57,59.5,62,64.5,67,69.5,72) cm
Short Length from shoulder:
Long Length from shoulder:
For the long version: 2 yards of printed fabric from Spoonflower – buy it here Ruth Maddock Makes shop at Spoonflower.com
Note: the fabric is sold by the yard—full yards only
OR the same length of ANY medium weight (300gsm) jersey fabric. 152 cm (60 in) wide
For the short version: 1 yard x 57 in (145 cm) of Cotton Fabric (Chambray) for the skirt and pockets – all sizes.
AND 1(1,1,1,1,1.25,1.25,1.25) yards x 45 inches (112 cm) Cotton gingham (mini size).
Embroidery threads for the embroidery.Velcro for fastening.
You will also need:
Sewing kit and basic sewing machine.
Ball Point (for Jersey) or Regular (for woven)sewing machine needles — change these needles frequently.
Fine line vanishing fabric marker.
Small piece of ribbon for pocket tabs.
Small piece of Velcro.
The Paper Sewing Pattern includes making instructions leaflet and will be sent by post – P&P will be added at checkout.
The digital download (PDF) will be sent to your inbox immediately after payment.
You will receive a zipped file
(you can google instructions for opening zipped files on your MAC or PC.)
The zipped file contains 3 PDF files – these are;
1) The pattern in PDF format. You can print this in US Letter size or A4 paper size. You will need to stick the pieces of pattern together.
2) The pattern in A1 or A0 size . This can be printed in Black and White at your local or online copyshop. You wont need to stick the pattern together as it will be printed on one sheet.
3) The Making Instructions which comprise of complete photographic instructions to make the garment. This can also be printed in US Letter size or A4 paper size.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to open the pattern files.
A1/A0 pattern can be printed (in the UK) HERE