Build It: The kids T-Shirt sewing pattern featuring Lego construction plans
This is a children’s sewing pattern PDF (not the finished garment) for a kids T-shirt sewing pattern with optional short or long sleeves.
The T shirt sewing pattern has been made in my exclusive Brick Truck fabric panel from Spoonflower. See fabric buying info on the details tab.
The fabric print contains a QR code. This links to the Lego construction plans for your kids to build the brick truck. The other side of the T shirt
features a pile of bricks.
The t-shirt sewing pattern is modeled here with the brick themed harem pants pattern.
The same pattern is used for the treasure maps T-Shirt.
Get your instant 20% discount HERE
Features for Sensory Kids
- The seams are worked on the outside so that the inside is smooth and has no scratchy itchy seam allowances or labels.
- The T-Shirt is very loose and comfy.
- It is the same back and front – so there’s no wrong way to wear it.
Experienced: this pattern is suitable for those who have made a number of different projects.
For more details click on the ‘Details’ and ‘Tech Specs’ tabs.
3 (4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10) years
The Actual Measurements of the t-shirt are;
Length from Shoulder:
Long Sleeve Seam:
The fabric shown in the photos is organic cotton knit ultra in the ‘Brick Truck’ design. Make sure you choose the correct fabric option when ordering from – Ruth Maddock Makes shop at Spoonflower.com
Of this fabric you will need:
The fabric is a printed panel and you will need 1 yard for the short sleeve version. The long sleeve version can be made from 1 yard for sizes 3 – 5 years only – buy 2 yards for the long sleeve version sizes 6-10 years.
Note: Spoonflower is based in the US and works in imperial measurments (yards) only. Fabric is sold in lengths of whole yards only (in the US).
OR the t-shirt can be made in any medium weight stretch knit fabric that is at least 142 cm (56 inches) wide.
You will need;
You will also need:
Sewing kit and basic sewing machine.
Ball Point (for Jersey) sewing machine needles — change these needles frequently.
Fine line vanishing fabric marker.
The Paper Sewing Pattern includes making instructions leaflet and will be sent by post – P&P will be added at checkout.
The digital download will be sent to your inbox immediately after payment.
You will receive a zipped file
(you can google instructions for opening zipped files on your MAC or PC.)
The zipped file contains 3 PDF files – these are;
1) The pattern in PDF format. You can print this in US Letter size or A4 paper size. You will need to stick the pieces of pattern together.
2) The pattern in A1 or A0 size . This can be printed in Black and White at your local or online copyshop. You wont need to stick the pattern together as it will be printed on one sheet.
3) The Making Instructions which comprise of complete photographic instructions to make the garment. This can also be printed in US Letter size or A4 paper size.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to open the pattern files.
A1/A0 pattern can be printed (in the UK) HERE