This is a children’s sewing pattern PDF (not the finished garment) for a skirt, culottes and bubble shorts.
Meadow is a sewing pattern for children that includes the pattern and instructions for a skirt, culottes and bubble/bloomer shorts – they can also be accessorised with the optional braces (suspenders) included in the pattern.
The floral skirt can be made in the Black Eyed Susan Fabric from Spoonflower- see fabric buying info on the details tab.
Get your instant 20% discount HERE
Features for Sensory Kids
- The seams are worked on the outside so that the inside is smooth and has no scratchy itchy seam allowances or labels.
- It is the same back and front – so there’s no wrong way to wear it.
- The pockets feature a tab to attach precious toys.
Experienced: this pattern is suitable for those who have made a number of different projects.
To Fit Ages: 3(4,5,6,7,8,9,10) years
To Fit Waist: 53.5 (54.5,55.5,56.5,57.5,58.5,59.5,60.5) cm
For the Culottes and Bubble Shorts with the Braces (Suspenders) 1.5 yards of woven fabric 142 cm (56 inches) wide. (all sizes)
For the Skirt: 1.3 metre x 142 cm (56 inches) of woven fabric. (all sizes)
The black eyed susan fabric fabric from Spoonflower is available from the Ruth Maddock Makes shop at Spoonflower.com
Note: The Fabric from Spoonflower is sold by the yard only.
You will also need:
53(54,55,56,57,58,59,60) cm of soft elastic 2.5 cm (1 inch) wide for the waistband.
XXXXX ELASTIC FOR THE LEGS
4 clip braces (suspenders) with 1 inch (2.5 cm) wide slot.– for the braces/suspenders.
Sewing kit and basic sewing machine.
Ball Point (for Jersey) sewing machine needles — change these needles frequently.
Fine line vanishing fabric marker.
The Paper Sewing Pattern includes making instructions leaflet and will be sent by post – P&P will be added at checkout.
The digital download will be sent to your inbox immediately after payment.
You will receive a zipped file
(you can google instructions for opening zipped files on your MAC or PC.)
The zipped file contains 3 PDF files – these are;
1) The pattern in PDF format. You can print this in US Letter size or A4 paper size. You will need to stick the pieces of pattern together.
2) The pattern in A1 or A0 size . This can be printed in Black and White at your local or online copyshop. You wont need to stick the pattern together as it will be printed on one sheet.
3) The Making Instructions which comprise of complete photographic instructions to make the garment. This can also be printed in US Letter size or A4 paper size.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to open the pattern files.
A1/A0 pattern can be printed (in the UK) HERE