Birdsong: The Joggers Pattern
This is a children’s sewing pattern PDF (not the finished garment) for kids joggers/sweatpants/ trousers/pants – great for playtime. The joggers have big pockets for all the essential kids stuff, The pattern also includes the shorts and the more formal child’s trousers pattern variations. All have a mock fly option.
The Trousers, Joggers and Shorts can be made in a variety of fabrics woven or knit.
Team the joggers pattern with the t shirt pattern here.
Get your instant 20% discount HERE
Features for your sensory child
- The seams are worked on the outside so that the inside is smooth and have no scratchy itchy seams or labels.
- The kids joggers are loose and comfy..
- The pocket contains ribbon tabs – great for attaching all those ‘mustn’t lose’ bits and pieces
- Make the joggers using recycled fabric (dads old sweatshirt, mum’s old joggers or a charity/thrift shop find), to avoid the use of stiff new fabrics and also save the planet.
Experienced: this pattern is suitable for those who have made a number of different projects.
For more details click on the ‘Details’ and ‘Tech Specs’ tabs.
To Fit Ages: 3(4,5,6,7,8,9,10) years
To Fit Waist: 53.5 (54.5,55.5,56.5,57.5,58.5,59.5,60.5) cm
Waist to Hem Length: 58(61,62,65,67,70,72,75) cm
For the Trousers and Joggers: 1 metre x 145 cm (57 inches) of medium weight fabric either knitted or woven.
For the Shorts: 0.75 metre x 145 cm (57 inches) of medium weight fabric either knitted or woven.
AND – 53(54,55,56,57,58,59,61) cm of soft elastic 2.5 cm (1 inch) wide plus
AND – 0.5(0.5,0.5,0.5,0.5,0.5,0.75,0.75) cm of 2.5 cm wide elastic for the cuffs on the jogger version.
You will also need:
Sewing kit and basic sewing machine.
Ball Point (for jersey) or regular (for woven) sewing machine needles — change these needles frequently.
Fine line vanishing fabric marker.
Small length of ribbon for pocket tabs.
The Paper Sewing Pattern includes making instructions leaflet and will be sent by post – P&P will be added at checkout.
The digital download will be sent to your inbox immediately after payment.
You will receive a zipped file
(you can google instructions for opening zipped files on your MAC or PC.)
The zipped file contains 3 PDF files – these are;
1) The pattern in PDF format. You can print this in US Letter size or A4 paper size. You will need to stick the pieces of pattern together.
2) The pattern in A1 or A0 size . This can be printed in Black and White at your local or online copyshop. You wont need to stick the pattern together as it will be printed on one sheet.
3) The Making Instructions which comprise of complete photographic instructions to make the garment. This can also be printed in US Letter size or A4 paper size.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to open the pattern files.
A1/A0 pattern can be printed (in the UK) HERE
There are no reviews yet.