Playtime: Children’s dungaree pattern with Pinafore Dress and optional Applique
This is a PDF download (not the finished garment) for a children’s dungarees and pinafore pattern. There is the option of creating an applique design on the front – featuring tools or a bunny and flowers.
Both the dungarees and the pinafore dress can be made in medium weight cotton fabric – such as denim, corduroy or canvas.
This Dungarees/Overalls/Pinafore Sewing Pattern Features
1) Tie loop or dungaree buckle
2) Optional applique
Get your instant 20% discount HERE
Features for your Sensory Child
- The straps have elastic so your child should be able to pull on and off without undoing the knot or buckle.
- The pocket can be used to store special toys.
- The seams are all worked inside out so no scratchy seams or labels.
- Use a soft fabric suitable for your child.
- Use a soft pre owned fabric to avoid that ‘new’ feeling.
Experienced: this pattern is suitable for those who have made a number of different projects.
For more details click on the ‘Details’ and ‘Tech Specs’ tabs.
The pattern is for children from age 3 to 10 years (8 sizes). See photo for pattern measurements.
You Will Need:
You Will Need:
Medium weight cotton fabric, such as denim, canvas or corduroy x 145 cm wide.
For the Dungarees – 1.5(1.5,1.8,1.8,1.8,2.3,2.3,2.3) metres.
For the Pinafore – 1(1,1.2,1.2,1.2,1.5,1.5,1.5) metres.
Optional dungaree hooks and buttons.
Small piece of 3 cm wide elastic.
Sewing kit including matching sewing thread, a straight stitch sewing machine and a fabric pen or tailors chalk.
For the applique – you will need washable felt, bondaweb, and a selection of embroidery threads. also 2 buttons for the flowers.
The Paper Sewing Pattern includes making instructions leaflet and will be sent by post – P&P will be added at checkout.
The digital downloads will be sent to your inbox immediately after payment.
You will receive 1 zipped file and 2 PDF files
(you can google instructions for opening zipped files on your MAC or PC.)
The files are for;-
1) The pattern in PDF format. You can print this in US Letter size or A4 paper size. You will need to stick the pieces of pattern together. This pattern has the ‘Layers Option’ so you can print out just the size you need.
2) The pattern in A0 size (2 pages). This can be printed in Black and White at your local or online copyshop. You won’t need to stick the pattern together as it will be printed on large sheets. (you will need to stick the dungaree legs together)
3) The pattern as a projector file for those of you who prefer to cut out using this method. Feedback would be appreciated.
4) The Making Instructions which comprise of complete photographic instructions to make the garment. This can also be printed in US Letter size or A4 paper size – however, the photo instructions will be clearer (and you can enlarge them) if you follow them on a laptop or PC.
5) Instructions for working the applique with templates.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to open the pattern files.
A1/A0 patterns can be printed (in the UK) HERE