Bike Ride: The Cycle Tank Top Sewing Pattern
This is a children’s sewing pattern PDF (not the finished T-shirt) for a sleeveless cycling vest, tank top sewing pattern, t-shirt pattern PDF
The kids tank top sewing pattern features the image of a vintage bicycle. (see the details tab for fabric buying info)
The back of the sleeveless cycling vest features a bike jersey style pocket in which to keep precious things.
Wear the tank top sewing pattern with the kids harem shorts pattern.
Get your instant 20% discount HERE
Features for Sensory Kids
- The seams are worked on the outside so that the inside is smooth and has no scratchy itchy seam allowances or labels.
- Apart from the pocket the t-shirt is the same back and front – so there’s no wrong way to wear it – your child can choose his favourite side.
- The pockets feature ribbon tags – to attach precious things or labels.
- It is loose enough to be worn over a tighter top if required.
Experienced: this pattern is suitable for those who have made a number of different projects.
For more details click on the ‘Details’ and ‘Tech Specs’ tabs.
To Fit: 3(4, 5,6,7,8,9,10) years
The Actual Measurements of the t-shirt are;
Chest: 60.75(64,66.75,69.75,72.5,75,78,80.75) cm.
Length from Shoulder: 36.5(40,43,46,49,53,56.5,60) cm
The fabric shown in the photo is organic cotton knit ultra in the ‘Bike Ride’ design available from the Ruth Maddock Makes shop at spoonflower.com
The fabric comes as a printed panel (1 yard or 1 meter) – you will need 1 yard/meter of the panel AND 1 fat quarter (unprinted) for last 2 sizes only
Note: Spoonflower is based in the US and uses in imperial measurements (yards) in the US.
Fabric is sold in lengths of whole yards/meters only.
OR the t-shirt can be made in any medium weight stretch knit fabric that is at least 142 cm (56 inches) wide.
You will need;
0.75(1,1,1,1,1,1,1.2,) metre x 142 cm (56 inches) of medium (approx. 300gsm) weight cotton Jersey with at least 25% stretch.
You will also need:
Sewing kit and basic sewing machine.
Contrast sewing thread.
Ball Point (for Jersey) sewing machine needles — change these needles frequently.
Fine line vanishing fabric marker.
Very narrow elastic (approx 0.3cm) 30(32,33,34,36,37,39,40) cm.
The Paper Sewing Pattern includes making instructions leaflet and will be sent by post – P&P will be added at checkout.
The digital download will be sent to your inbox immediately after payment.
You will receive a zipped file
(you can google instructions for opening zipped files on your MAC or PC.)
The zipped file contains 3 PDF files – these are;
1) The pattern in PDF format. You can print this in US Letter size or A4 paper size. You will need to stick the pieces of pattern together.
2) The pattern in A1 or A0 size . This can be printed in Black and White at your local or online copyshop. You wont need to stick the pattern together as it will be printed on one sheet.
3) The Making Instructions which comprise of complete photographic instructions to make the garment. This can also be printed in US Letter size or A4 paper size.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to open the pattern files.
A1/A0 pattern can be printed (in the UK) HERE