Ants on your Pants: The Kids Harem Pants Pattern
This is the sewing pattern PDF (not the finished garment) for the Kids Harem Pants Pattern.
These easy fit harem joggers have ribbed cuffs at the ankles. Make these kids pants in any soft jersey fabric to suit your sensory child.
Or use the Ants on Your Pants Fabric from Spoonflower- see fabric buying info on the details tab.
Knit the Ants on your Pants sweater to team with the kids harem pants pattern.
Get your instant 20% discount HERE
Features for your Sensory Child
- The seams are worked on the outside so that the inside is smooth and have no scratchy itchy seams or labels.
- They can be worn either way round.
- They are baggy enough for diapers (nappy)
- Make this dress in recycled fabric (dads old joggers, mum’s old sweat shirt or a charity/thrift shop find), to avoid the use of stiff new fabrics and also save the planet.
Enthusiastic: This pattern is suitable for someone who has made a few beginner projects and is keen to learn more.
For more details click on the ‘Details’ and ‘Tech Specs’ tabs.
To Fit Ages: 3(4,5,6,7,8,9,10) years
To Fit Waist: 53.5 (54.5,55.5,56.5,57.5,58.5,59.5,60.5) cm
Waist to Hem Length: 63(65,67,69,71,73,75,77) cm
For the Joggers 1(1,2,2,2,2,2,2) yards of printed fabric from Spoonflower – buy it here Ruth Maddock Makes shop at Spoonflower.com
Note: the fabric at Spoonflower is sold by the yard—full yards only
OR – 1(1,1,1.25,1.25,1.25,1.25,1.25) metre x (at least) 152 cm (60 inches) of any medium (approx. 300gsm) weight cotton Jersey with at least 25% stretch.
AND – 20 cm x at least 50 cm of Ribbed Jersey for the ankle cuff.
AND– 53(54,55,56,57,58,59,61) cm of soft elastic 2.5 cm (1 inch) wide.
You will also need:
Sewing kit and basic sewing machine.
Ball Point (for Jersey) sewing machine needles — change these needles frequently.
Fine line vanishing fabric marker.
The Paper Sewing Pattern includes making instructions leaflet and will be sent by post – P&P will be added at checkout.
The digital download will be sent to your inbox immediately after payment.
You will receive a zipped file
(you can google instructions for opening zipped files on your MAC or PC.)
The zipped file contains 3 PDF files – these are;
1) The pattern in PDF format. You can print this in US Letter size or A4 paper size. You will need to stick the pieces of pattern together.
2) The pattern in A1 or A0 size . This can be printed in Black and White at your local or online copyshop. You wont need to stick the pattern together as it will be printed on one sheet.
3) The Making Instructions which comprise of complete photographic instructions to make the garment. This can also be printed in US Letter size or A4 paper size.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to open the pattern files.
A1/A0 pattern can be printed (in the UK) HERE